Idioms in Context is a four week, Step - by Step course using video instructions of how to use the correct idiom in the correct context, and at the right time to vary and improve you Swedish daily speech.
The idioms are common Swedish idioms showing different stylistic levels (formal, informal) including phrasal verbs, grammatical changes and which requires cultural knowledge.
The course consists of four modules. Each module includes three video lessons
- assignments, marked by the teacher
- e - mail support
- weekly Q & A sessions via Zoom (1h/week)
- private facebook group
- Celebration call incl. 15 min live lesson
You can expect to learn
- practical idioms and their meaning,
- how you use the idioms
- when you use the idioms
- how phrasal verbs affects the understanding of the idiom
- how to use grammatical changes
- cultural influence affecting the understanding of the idiom
- improve your Swedish fluency by using common Swedish idioms
The Modules are sent out via e - mail on Mondays.
You follow the Step - by - Step instructions and work with the assignments. Once you have finished the assignments you e-mail your answers to email@example.com for marking.
You receive your marked answers in time for the weekly Q & A session which takes place on Thursdays.
In the private facebook group you will be able to have discussions with other participants, learn more useful idioms and gain more useful information regarding how to continue to improve your Swedish fluency with help of idioms.